Freekeh Salad with Pomegranate Molasses
For the salad:
- 1 cup of freekeh
- ½ cup of fresh mint leaves
- ½ cup of pomegranate seeds
- 6 slices of Halloumi cheese
For the dressing:
- Rinse the freekeh then soak it in double its volume, overnight.
- The next day, drain the freekeh, place it in a pot and cover it with water. Let it boil over medium heat for 15 to 20 minutes (lid closed). Once cooked, drain it again and let it cool.
- In a salad bowl: place freekeh, cut mint leaves, pomegranate seeds and all dressing ingredients. Mix well.
- Meanwhile, pour a few drops of olive oil on a grill and, once heated, grill the Halloumi slices for 2 minutes on each side. Cut them up then add them to the salad and enjoy!
NB: You can incorporate nuts or almonds as well as dried apricots in this salad!