Mini Zaatar, Honey & Lemon Cakes
Preparation and cooking time: 40 mins
For 4 people
For the cakes:
- 2 lemons
- 100 g of butter
- 2 eggs
- 150 g of sugar
- 100 g of honey
- 2 tbsp of zaatar premium qawzah
- 125 g of crème fraîche
- 225 g of flour
- ½ sachet of baking powder
For the icing:
- 100 g of of icing sugar
- 1 tsp of hot water
- Juice of ½ lemon
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Grate the zest of the lemons and reserve.
- Cut the butter into pieces and melt it in a saucepan over low heat.
- In a bowl, pour the eggs then add the sugar, salt and cream. Whisk the mixture.
- Add the flour, baking powder, lemon zest and melted butter. Mix until you obtain a smooth paste.
- Butter the cake molds, then place the mixture.
- Cook for 30 minutes.
- For the icing, in a bowl, mix the icing sugar, hot water and lemon then spread over the unmolded cakes.
- Leave to rest for 1 hour.