Freekeh with Roasted Vegetables
Preparation time: 40 mins
For 4 to 6 people
- 300 g of freekeh
- 4 medium-sized chopped onions
- 60 g of olive oil
- 1 L of vegetable or chicken stock
- 1 medium broccoli cut into small pieces
- 4 medium carrots cut in half lengthwise
- 4 green onions cleaned (remove roots and yellow leaves)
- 50 g of butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a medium saucepan, heat 40g of olive oil and the 50 g butter.
- Once the butter is melted, add the chopped onions and sauté until golden.
- Add the rinsed, drained freekeh, and stir. Cook for 1 to 2 mins to roast the freekeh.
- Add the broth. Once it begins to boil, lower the heat and cook gently for 25 minutes or until the liquid evaporates (leave a little liquid and do not dry out completely).
- Once fully cooked, stir and let rest for a few minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C. Place the vegetables on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper, add 20g of olive oil, salt and pepper and mix well.
- Place in the oven for 15 mins or until the vegetables are soft but slightly crunchy.
- Serve the freekeh in a bowl, topped with the roasted vegetables.