Carob Molasses & Chocolate Chip Babka
Preparation time: 1 hour
Cooking time: 30 mins
Resting time: 2 hours
For 1 babka of 8 parts
- 1 bag/ 8g of dry baker's yeast
- 10 cl of warm milk
- 300 g of flour
- 30 g of brown sugar
- 50 g of butter
- 1 egg
- 1 pinch of salt
- 50 g butter
- 100 g of chocolate chips
- 8 tablespoons of carob molasses
- 50 g of dark chocolate
- 1 egg
- 5 cl of milk
- 1 cake pan
- 1 food processor
- 1 angled spatula
- 1 rolling pin
- 1 pastry brush
For the brioche dough:
- In a container, pour the warm milk and add the yeast to rehydrate it. Set aside to rest for 10 minutes.
- In the bowl of the food processor, combine the flour, sugar, salt and egg and mix at medium speed. Gradually add the yeast and work the dough for 5 minutes.
- Add the butter and let work until the dough becomes soft and homogeneous dough.
- Cover and set aside to rest 1 hour at room temperature.
For the carob molasses and chocolate filling:
- Melt the chocolate and the butter.
- In a bowl, combine the mixture with the carob molasses.
Assembling the babka:
- On a floured work surface, degas the dough with your hands.
- Using a rolling pin, roll out the dough into a rectangle. Spread your carob molasses and chocolate filling over the dough.
- Roll the dough into a long strip and divide it in half with a knife.
- Braid the two strips and place them in the cake pan.
- Let the dough rest for 1 hour and preheat the oven to 200˚C.
- In a bowl, mix an egg with little milk. Then with a pastry brush, brush your dough with the mixture to get a nice golden color.
- Add the chocolate chips over the babka.
- Bake the babka at 200˚C for 25 minutes.
It's ready !