Recipe by : Cheffe Gabrielle Beck
For 12 large pieces
Preparation 10 minutes
Baking 15 minutes
- 150g of butter
- 200g of sugar
- 15g of zaatar
- 1 egg
- 300g of all-purpose flour
- 15g of olive oil
- 5g of salt
- 5g of baking soda
- Let the butter soften at room temperature. In a bowl, start by creaming the butter.
- Add zaatar and sugar, then mix.
- Add the egg, olive oil, salt, baking soda and ¼ of the flour. Mix again.
- Add the rest of the flour and knead by hand without overworking the dough or heating it, then form a round-shaped dough.
- Cover with cling film and set aside in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
- Preheat the oven at 180°C.
- Form 12 balls and place them on a baking tray, lined with baking paper. Make sure to space them well (leave 2 to 3 cm between each) as they will widen during cooking.
- Bake for 15 minutes until the edges are cooked and the center is still slightly soft.
Let cool and enjoy!