Tahini & Fig Jam with Sesame Cheesecake
Preparation time: 60 mins
For 6 to 8 people
For the biscuit base:
- 250 g tea biscuit (LU, Mcvities or other)
- 25 g melted butter
- 50 g tahini
- 20 g sesame seeds
For the cheesecake:
- 150 g white cheese (cream cheese e.g., Philadelphia, Président, Elle & Vire)
- 300 g Labne (or Greek yogurt drained in a cool place with paper for at least 4 hours)
- 90 g sugar
- 5 g vanilla extract
- 1 g salt
- 95 g egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 15 g flour
- 180 g fig jam with sesame
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Blend the biscuits in a food processor and transfer them to a bowl.
- Add the melted butter, tahini and sesame seeds and mix well.
- Crush the hazelnuts and chop the parsley.
- Pour the mixture into a cheesecake pan and press well to make the base compact. Use the bottom of a glass to press down. Bake for 15-20 mins, until edges start to turn golden brown.
- Increase oven temperature to 200°C.
- Place cream cheese, labneh, sugar, vanilla and salt in the bowl of a mixer. Mix until the dough becomes homogeneous.
- Add the eggs one by one. Add the sifted flour and mix until the flour is incorporated and the mixture is smooth without lumps.
- Pour the mixture over the biscuit base and bake for 5 mins at 200°C, then lower the temperature to 100°C and bake for 40 mins. The edges should be lightly browned.
- Turn off the oven and let the cheesecake cool inside, keeping the oven ajar for 1 hour.
- Refrigerate for at least 6 hours.
- Top with the extra sesame fig jam and serve.