Chickpeas & Sumac Salad
Preparation: 15 minutes
- 400g of chickpeas (drained & rinced)
- 2 medium red onions (very thinly sliced)
- 3 to 4 cloves of garlic (minced)
- 1 tbsp sumac
- 1 tsp paprika
- 4 tbsps olive oil
- 1 cup fresh mint (finely chopped)
- 1/2 cup fresh purslane leaves
- 3 tbsp. lemon juice (add more to taste)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, place together the onions, sumac, paprika, and salt. Massage onions with hands to rub the spices and salt into the onions, and let sit about 5 minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients over the onions: chickpeas, mint, purslane.
- Then add the seasoning: olive oil, lemon juice, and minced garlic. Mix well. Season with salt and pepper to taste.