Moghrabieh Alle Vongole
Preparation and cooking time: 30 mins
For 2 people
- 200 g moghrabieh
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 shallot
- 1 bunch parsley
- 500 g clams or cockles
- 1 glass white wine
- 1 pinch salt and pepper
- In a mixing bowl filled with salted water, soak the cockles for 2h to clean them from sand.
- In a big pot of boiling salted water, cook the moghrabieh over low heat for 40 mins.
- Chop the parsley and the shallot then set aside.
- Crush the garlic cloves with a fork then set aside.
- In a pan, sauté the olive oil, the garlic cloves, the shallot and the parsley for 5 mins.
- Add the cockles and drizzle with the white wine, then cook for 5 mins with the lid on (the shells should open).
- With a skimmer, remove the shells.
- Add the moghrabieh to the sauce in the pan and mix.
- In a plate, place the moghrabieh then add the cockles and a pinch of salt and pepper.